After several months of uncertainties about the global pandemic and its related restrictions, Made In Ghana UK Festival 2022 is finally scheduled for East Winter Garden in London on June 25-26, 2022. It will be a combined Trade Show (exhibitions of unique made in Ghana products & services), Conferences and Concerts.
The two-day festival seeks to be the preferred reference-point for Ghana’s biggest players in trade, culture, creative arts and tourism. It is organized by Made In Ghana UK Ltd (London); Made in Ghana Consulting Ltd (Accra); and the Ghana High Commission, London; in partnership with Seventh Street Multimedia; Ministry of Tourism, Arts & Culture, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Regional Integration; Ministry of Trade & Industries; Ghana Export Promotions Authority (GEPA); and Association of Ghana Industries (AGI).
Other partners include, Showbiz Africa, Access Media, OK Music, EIB Network, National Commission on Culture (NCC), Ghana Post, Zionfelix.com, Afriscot Media, Musicians Union of Ghana, Laboro GH, The Beat London, Yanga TV and Rok TV.
According to the Director of Communications, Afua Hagan, “the festival seeks to amplify, promote and enhance Ghana’s trade, culture, tourism and the best of Ghanaian talent.”
Among other objectives, the festival seeks to offer about 65 premium exhibitors over 4000 high quality buyer-audience; essentially for brand awareness, lead generation, and relationship building; while ensuring a successful attendee experience; to augment the Government’s effort of increasing the capacity of Ghanaian export through effective collaboration with strategic partners in the UK; and to market brilliantly deserving Ghanaian talent (music, fashion, comedy, etc.) to the world.
Made in Ghana UK Festival 2022 was launched by the Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister, Thomas Mbomba at the Ministry’s Conference Hall in Accra on August 5, 2021.
In a speech read on his behalf, the Minister of Tourism, Arts & Culture, Dr. Ibrahim Mohammed Awal confirmed setting up #VisitGhanaHub at the Festival, dedicated to the promotion of the National Tourism Destination Single Window project.
Til April 30, 2022, registration is open for qualified exhibitors at the offices of AGI, GEPA, Ghana High Commission in London or at www.madeinghanauk.com.
The organisers have scheduled a number of activities leading to the main Festival; starting with a creative arts workshop featuring Ghana’s leading dance coaches and choreographers, Dancegod Lloyd, Afrobeast and the DWP Academy crew, who will be participating in a master class in Manchester, Birmingham and London from April 2 to 16, 2022.
Other activities on the road map include:
- Media Engagement & Workshop at the Kensington Town Hall, London on Friday, April 15, 2022 to be hosted by media partners in the UK and Ghana.
- Exhibitors Conference in Accra on May 7, 2022, to be hosted by Made In Ghana Consulting Ltd, MoTI, GEPA & AGI.
- Conference for Exhibitors & Investors in London on Saturday, May 28, 2022 to be hosted by the Ghana High Commission, London, Access Media & the United Kingdom Ghana Chamber of Commerce (UKGCC).
- Women Entrepreneurs & Investment Conference (WE&IC) in London on June 4, 2022 to be hosted by Afriscot Media.
- The festival weekend starts with MIGHUK Dinner & Honours Ball on June 23, 2022
- The Main Festival, which comes off on June 25 and 26 at East Wintergarden, is under the auspices of the Ghana High Commissioner, Papa Owusu-Ankomah and other Ministers of State.